05-12 Ford Super Duty Crossover Steering Reid Knuckle Sky's Arm.
Sky's Off Road has been building Dana 60 Ball Joint steering products for over a decade. With the release of the Reid Racing Super Duty 2005-12 knuckle, we can further our product line into the latest Ford offerings.
We have taken the Reid knuckle and built an arm with as many possible options as can be. We use all the 5 stud points on the knuckle. We offer the arms pre drilled, for both a double shear option as well as a tapered drag link position for traditional link style steering, GM 1 ton TRE taper.
We have also machined the arms for studs and conical nuts, not a strait bolt design, we feel this is a much needed priority to help lock the arm in place. We offer a 1/2" chrome moly stud kit for this application.
Arms are 2" tall, CNC machined form ASTM 572 material.
Ball joint center line to drag link eye is 6.375. To the Tie rod/double shear is 6.875
Drag links are in the works!
From the Reid Racing Web site,
Reid Racing's high-steer Ford SuperDuty (2005-2012 F250 & F350) steering knuckle is designed as a heavy-duty stock-replacement passenger-side knuckle that provides additional options for installing aftermarket steering linkage. The primary improvements over the OEM knuckle include a flat-top pad for a bolt-on steering arm, dual steering stops, and increased overall strength. The additional steering options allow this axle to be more easily installed into other vehicles while ensuring proper steering geometry.
- Uses OEM 2005-2012 SuperDuty ball joints, unit bearing, caliper, rotor, lockout hub, stub shaft, and U-joint. Ford changed the brakes on 2012.5 and later SuperDuties so newer trucks must convert to the earlier hardware in order to use the Reid Racing highsteer knuckle or source a caliper adapter bracket that allows fitment of the later brakes on the earlier knuckles.
- Flat-top pad measures 4.5 inches higher than the cast-in steering arm's top surface, and aftermarket steering arms of various heights can accommodate a wide range of suspension lifts.
- Easy bolt-on installation with no machining required.
- Antilock Brakes, Traction Control, Vacuum Hubs, and Electronic Stability Control systems are retained.
- Cast from high-strength ductile iron and beefed up with extra material and ribbing.
- Powdercoated orange for long-lasting corrosion resistance.
- Does not fit "Super 60" 10-lug axles (F450 & F550).
- Cast-in steering arm is tapered from the top and bottom so the OEM steering linkage may be re-installed.