85-91 Ford F-350 4x4 2" Front Shackle Reversal
What it is:
- This kit provides much better ride than stock by moving shackle to rear of spring.
- Eliminates the weak front shackle design.
What it fits:
- 85-91 F-350 4x4 straight axle trucks.
- 85-91 F-250 4x4 with TTB drop brackets from Tough Country, part # 20852.
- 52" 80-97 Ford leaf springs
Included in this kit:
1 - Front Hanger
4 - 1/2" x 20 x 4.5" Bolts, Flat Washers, Nylocks (Frame)
2 - 1/2" x 20 x 1.5" Bolts, Flat Washers, Nylocks (Frame)
2 - 5/8" x 20 x 4.5" Bolts, Flat Washers, Nylocks (Frame)
2 - 9/16" x 18 x 5.5" Bolts, Flat Washers, Nylocks (Spring)
2 - Inner Frame Plates (Weld-on)
2 - Shouldered Frame Sleeve
2 - Shackles
2 - 9/16" x 18 x 5" Bolts, Flat Washers, Nylocks (Spring)
4 - Bushing halves
2 - Sleeves
Two inner frame box plates get welded to the inside of the frame in the front to provide a solid mounting point.
1. The machined metal sleeve will require drilling the outer factory shackle bolt hole on the outside of the frame to 7/8". This sleeve will sit flush and is now a pinch point that will allow correct bolt torque. This will fit the 5/8" bolt that would fit in the factory shackle upper location.
2. The frame box plate will line up with the hanger at this point, I weld it in once attached to the hanger in the correct position.
3. Make sure the front hanger is aligned measure from the front spring eye to the factory rear spring hanger eye 51.5". Remove hanger and fully weld frame box. Drill 1/2" holes using the hanger or the frame box as a jig.
4. The kit is capable of 2 lift heights depending on this next step. You can choose to not modify the factory leaf spring hanger, and get a 2.5" lift. If your set on the 2" lift, you will need to re-drill the 9/16" bolt hole up 1" from stock and trim the hanger to clear the shackle. There is a template for this in the pictures. If you do not wish to trim the factory hangers, or have brackets that are severely rusted, please see FORD-FSSH-002
5. Bolt everything together and install
We have had a few customers with worn out spring bushings and sliders have issues with clearing the shackles on the 2" FSR kits with the military wrap. The fact is, you need quality to spec parts to make this work. We have added some info here to solve this issue. See info here.